MUA LUXE Strobe & Glow Highlight Kit Reveiw







MUA LUXE Strobe & Glow Highlight Kit Review



I know that recently on my blog and on my Instagram i am posting a lot about different highlighters and it isn't for any particular reason, recently i have just been buying a lot more highlighters as it was one of the things that i had less of in my makeup collection. I promise after this post i will talk about other things too but for today i wanted to review a makeup product as i don't think i really have before and it is definitely something i want to do more of in the future.

So i bought this highlight kit yesterday in Superdrug (i believe it was £5) and have waited to properly have a look at it, i did swatch the cream highlight on my hand but i haven't tried the powder or tried it on my face.



Looking at the packaging, i like the pink mirror effect plastic on the lid and also the fact that it clicks open with a button instead of just clicking it open by hand. Some drugstore makeup products feel lighter giving the impression of it being cheaper but this does not have that, i think the way the inside of the product is designed helps this.






Opening it up, i see that it has has a mirror, its a good size and is a good mirror for it being a drugstore product. The first thing you see aside from the mirror is the powder, it looks mostly matte with a little bit of shimmer. Reading the reviews online I've learned that people describe this as subtle and translucent so i don't know if it is maybe meant to be put over the cream highlight or put in places like the nose, cupids bow and the inner corners of your eyes where you don't want it to be as bright or intense. The consistency of the powder is very thin but pigmented, swatching it on my wrist it feels very smooth leaving the skin with a light shimmer to it without it looking like glitter.







So flipping up the powder it reveals the cream formula, you cant really tell in the photo but it looks a very pinky gold colour with a lot of shimmer. Swirling my finger around the product, it feels very smooth and silky with quite a lot of pigment, it doesn't feel tacky after application like some other cream products and is a very vibrant highlighter. The way i would use this is putting this on then applying a thin layer of the powder over the top almost like a setting powder.

In the end i am very happy that i bought this, i do think i will get a lot of use out of it as there is a lot of product in it (17.5g) and i actually scratched my nail in the powder by accident and it did not hit pan meaning you are getting a good amount between the two formulas. If you would like to see more photos of the highlight kit or any other products featured in my blog, follow my Instagram @e.l.a_beauty for that and let me know that you've came from my blog.




....................................................................

Like what you hear? Follow my blog to keep updated with all my posts.


Check out my social media's

Instagram: @e.l.a_beauty

Twitter: @elabeautyblog





No comments:

Post a Comment